08 December 2011

A Picture's Worth 50 Words

by Diane Carlisle



I came across this photo because I was looking for some inspiration to write a steamy, romantic scene for my suspense/mystery project. After I stumbled upon this, I got to thinking. What's going on here? And who the hell is that dude in the background?

So now, of course, my OCD is kind of looping along here. I can't get anything done because I can't think of anything other than the purpose of the guy in the background. If you look closely, he isn't even looking at the couple in the hay. He's looking over to the right. If I were him, I'd at least have a seat on one of those bales of hay and enjoy the entertainment.

Seriously, could anyone possibly come up with any sort of fictional situation that could explain this photo? Can you write your version of what's going on here?

I started thinking along the lines:

While waiting for his turn with the lady Jessica, Patrick noticed a movement at the side entrance to the barn and decided to have a look. He wasn't about to let anyone get in the way of his chances to score, even though he was getting Mack's sloppy seconds.

In 50 words or less, please share your story in the comments.

15 comments:

  1. "Listen to me. Patrick's out of patience and I want to save you. But the only way I can do that is if you tell me where the flash drive is. I can't keep him from shooting you any more if you don't give me something to take him. Please, help me. Then we can go away together. But I need to know where the flash drive is."

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jillian?" Patrick whispered. "Remember how I said this place was haunted by my grandfather?"

    She narrowed her eyes. "What about it? That's not very romantic." She trailed her fingernails across his chest.

    "His ghost is here."

    Jillian sighed. "Dead or alive, your family just won't leave us alone."

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure had her way around the block with everyone, Anton thought, walking through the barn. Good thing he was over her needy, clinging and controlling crap. On the other hand, John looked like he was enjoying Paulina and her frisky behavior. Wait until he finds out she has chlamydia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, I'm laughing too hard at your thoughts about the photo to contribute my own. LOL. That's seriously funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ALL have opened my eyes. I need to be more creative in my thoughts! Lol!!

    Kelly, glad you got a laugh. :)

    I googled images for "steamy scenes"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had her where is the Sister.
    Diana Ragan

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Diana, Bill is rubbing off on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing that Frankie and Annette were no longer paying any attention to him, Paul began struggling to free his hands that they had secured behind him. "Damn her anyway," he thought. "Her with all that teasing and talk about handcuffs! As usual, the bitch got one over on me...."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Paul! Maybe he's off to find a two by four to whack Annette over the head with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What the heck was wrong with him? We needed to get away from the crime scene, not hang around so he could get a little extra attention. We wouldn't even be in this mess if it wasn't for her. I should just leave them here. Let the cops arrest them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica traced a finger down Mack's arm. "Stop worrying," she murmured. "They'll never find us here." Shaking off his fears, Mack pulled her closer...
    "CUT!" The director threw up his hands. "What the hell, Patrick? Get out of the shot!"

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. primadonna is WINNING!

    :)

    That is too funny.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *