27 June 2013

Review: The Man in My Basement


The Man in My Basement
The Man in My Basement by Walter Mosley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The author unravels a chilling story, revealing little by little the redemption of a white man. Not only does the story evolve, but so does the protagonist's outlook in life as well as the white man's physical attributes while his true identity is fully exposed.

The first half of the book is fast paced and rich with culture and it had a balanced feel with character development and relationship boundaries. I enjoyed the exchanges and dialogue. The reading experience was smooth and nothing jarred me from the immersion. I enjoyed this book extremely, finishing it in less than two days (wherever I could find the time to read).

However, I did find myself wanting to press through the third part of the book rather quickly and felt that it could have been tightened. I found myself skipping over some parts to get to the real deal, the ending, which was not what I had expected. It was a wonderful experience.

I would recommend this book with enthusiasm.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *