05 January 2014

Smart Web Development - Bootstrap! I Love You

Well, Tim has flown off from Atlanta and is on his way to Los Angeles where he will spend the evening before heading out to Pasadena so he can watch the Seminoles kick some War Eagle ass. Haha! That's right, he's on his way to the BCS Championship game. Have fun dear! And please, don't let any of the guys use the dance pole on the party bus, only the ladies. Thanks.

As for me, I've been spending my spare time learning as much as I can about web development, the new stuff. Sure, I've been coding HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for some time now, but I've grown tired and weary with all the advances in technology, including new browsers popping up, and mobile devices, etc. Cross browser compatibility issues spring up everywhere and it's cumbersome. But, I find that the more I learn, the more I find better tools and concepts that I didn't realize existed.




That's right, I discovered a new love and its name is Bootstrap, from the developers at Twitter. It is an extremely smart way to develop your web apps being the core package is designed so that its use of new features in HTML5 and CSS3 already include the code needed for cross-browser compatibility issues, so you don't have to worry about forgetting to include them in your code or spend hours tracking down the bugs.

jQuery and JSON are the next two groups on my "to study" list. I've completed PHP and a course in responsive web design, which was pretty amazing. It's easier than ever for me to get up and started with this new knowledge. Tim always called me a professional student. I guess he is right. I can't NOT learn. It's in my blood.

Until next time, I'm making progress with my writing, but for now I've gone from fiction writing to writing code again. *sigh*

I'll get that chapter 14 started soon! Here's to another cup of Hazelnut Cream. So, what have you been working on or studying lately? Share!  {^_^}






Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *