04 April 2015

D is for Destiny

What is destiny? Is it the end result of a journey or a notion to explain why things happen the way they do? I don't believe in destiny though, so why am I writing about it? When I think of a journey I think of making stops to enjoy myself so the trip doesn't feel so grueling.

I stopped at the Country Inn and Suites on Wednesday night to get a room so that I wouldn't exhaust myself driving all night. The receptionist behind the counter asked if I had a reservation and when I said I didn't but needed a room for the night, she told me they didn't have any vacancies. I asked her if there were some convention in town or anything and when she said there wasn't, I almost thought she gave me some sort of smirk and that kind of pissed me off. I went back out into the parking lot and called Country Inn and Suites, made a reservation, and returned to the same receptionist.

She asked me in a snide way if there was something else she could help me with and I said, "Yes, I have a reservation. I must have been destined to stay here this evening." I think she actually thought she was smarter than me.






My List
Aging (and Apples)
Barnacle
Creativity
Destiny  - You are HERE
Ego 
Forgiveness 
Grace
Haters
IHOP 
Jealousy 
Kindness 
Lesbian 
Magnanimous 
Nostalgia
Oxymoron 
Pizza 
Questions 
Resource 
Serendipity 
Technology 
Undergraduate
Virgin 
Writing
XXX 
Yoga 



Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *