14 April 2015

M if for Magnanimous

Magnanimous is a big word! I never use it, but it's certainly worth noting because it makes me think of people who are larger than life. Mother Teresa is one such person. Because there are no words that can fully describe how magnanimous she really was, I have compiled some quotes which she lived by.

If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.

When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed. 

Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart.



And that is truly beautiful! I'm not one to preach, but I surely am one who wishes I were as magnanimous as she was. I know of no other person who comes to mind with this word. Not at the moment. Do you?


My List
Aging (and Apples)
Barnacle
Creativity
Destiny 
Ego 
Forgiveness 
Grace
Haters
IHOP 
Jealousy 
Kindness 
Lesbian 
Magnanimous  - You are HERE
Nostalgia
Oxymoron 
Pizza 
Questions 
Resource 
Serendipity 
Technology 
Undergraduate
Virgin 
Writing
XXX 
Yoga 


Smiley faceIf you enjoyed this article and would like to receive future articles in your inbox --- Subscribe to our free newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome feedback, so please leave your thoughts.

Contact Diane

Name

Email *

Message *